Matches moved from No.2 Sportsground


In consultation with the City of Newcastle, the Newcastle Jets can confirm the transfer of two upcoming matches due to delays in the rejuvenation of the playing surface at No.2 Sportsground.

The Jets Foxtel Youth League clash with Sydney FC this Sunday has been moved to Adamstown Oval, while the Westfield W-League clash with Canberra United on Saturday 17 November has been moved to McDonald Jones Stadium.

Y-LEAGUE: Squad settled for 2018/19

FIXTURE FACTS: The numbers behind Sydney’s visit

Representatives from the City of Newcastle and Jets officials inspected the ground earlier this week, and made this decision in the interest of player safety. 

Weifang Cup Game 4 v China National Youth

While about 80 per cent of the pitch surface is fit for purpose, the remaining 20 per cent received significant use during the winter sporting season – with a combination of wear and tear and poor grass-growing conditions hampering efforts to renovate this area.

The transfer of these matches has been made to ensure optimal conditions for play, allowing the Club time to make new arrangements at alternate venues.

The City of Newcastle will keep the Club informed of the facilities progress and will continue to do everything possible to rehabilitate No.2 Sportsground. 

The Jets would like to thank Newcastle City Council for their ongoing support.